Mapping the Importance of Charlotte Radio
There are 90 radio stations that may be within distant listening range of Charlotte, North Carolina. It is a city that is hugely invested with media networks and is known as the prominent U.S. hub for numerous media sources. Charlotte Radio sums up a wide range of radio networks so as to make sure your daily professional and personal media consumption.
Radio broadcasting, since its inception in the early twentieth century, has brought an ever-changing variety of programming into the homes of North Carolinians. Growing from amateur rigs on kitchen tables to 1,000-foot towers within just a few decades, radio has evolved from a niche industry into a thriving business with a substantial impact on social and economic life. Some of the most important trivia are -
- North Carolina radio began in 1920 with the partnership of Fred W. Laxton of General Electric, Frank L. Bunker of Westinghouse Electric, and Earle J. Gluck with the Charlotte office of Southern Bell; all three were trained in electronics and wished to launch the new technology in the state.
- The Charlotte Radio market is the 24th largest in the U.S., according to Arbitron.
- 1 WBT Charlotte is North Carolina's first commercial radio station.
- WBCN 1660 AM and WSGE 91.7 FM are two big radio stations to cover sports and other news.
- Other network services cover that of sports, regional, classical music and different areas of both professional and personal requirements.
- John Boy and Billy are famous RJ names from Charlotte Radio oeuvre.
Leave a Review
How To Play This Online Radio Station?
Step 01: Click on the Stations name.
Step 02: Click on the Green Triangular Button.
Step 03: Wait for 10 to 20 seconds to fully load the streaming service. As it is an online radio; you may have to wait a bit or longer depending upon your location and data speed. It is worth mentioning that, not all the FM Radio stations stream their programs 24/7. So if you find any radio station unavailable; please check back later.